We offer only the best securities
The Select list of securities includes investments options that JMIS and the Manager believe are best suited to the objectives of each category.
- Even if you’re the most experienced investor, you’re unlikely to have all the resources to research the multitude of securities available in the market.
- Select’s investment consultant JMIS Limited researches the funds available through Select, giving you and your adviser confidence that each investment option has been thoroughly researched.
- JMIS provides specialist investment research to superannuation funds, charitable trusts and high net worth individuals throughout New Zealand. Click here to know more about JMIS.
We have a comprehensive menu of funds
You have access to a wide range of securities to create a diversified portfolio, or choose one of the pre-determined Selected portfolios.
- Select covers a menu of asset types (shares, bonds, property, alternative assets and cash) and asset management styles (active, passive, value, growth and absolute return) to suit your needs.
- The investment options are selected to enable investment in the main geographical areas, and also industry-specific sectors.
- You may find that your Adviser recommends one of the Selected Portfolios, ready-made by JMIS, suits your needs.
- Alternatively, your adviser may recommend an individually tailored investment, your Adviser can construct a Custom-Built Portfolio using any combination of securities from Select’s menu of investment options.
Ongoing and constant review of performance
We continually work for you to deliver the best possible investment performance, balancing risk and return.
- Performance of the securities and the portfolios is monitored throughout the year by Select’s investment consultant, JMIS.
- This may result in tactical changes at any stage of the year, based on outcomes from investment research and insights from JMIS.
We provide efficient and easy administration
Your investments are administered by Aegis, the market leading funds administration platform – so you do not have to deal with statements and reports from multiple investment providers.
- Select uses an investment administration service, and custodian called Aegis. Aegis acts as a bare trustee taking care of your investments.
- Aegis provides a consolidated view of your investments, so you receive statements and reports from one place and avoid lots of paperwork.
- To safeguard your investments the Aegis custodian company, Investment Custodial Services Limited, holds all investments on your behalf.
You receive transparent and consolidated reporting
To give you peace of mind with your investments, you will receive regular reports regarding your portfolio – these are also available electronically if you prefer.
- Your investments are tracked in reports sent to you every three months.
- Each report shows your portfolio valuation and what the return has been, both overall and by individual fund.
- Your Adviser has online access to a suite of reports, to value your portfolio or confirm particular transactions at any time.
- Select provides a separate tax report to you, at the end of each financial year.
You have flexibility and control with Select
You have the option of lump sums and/or regular payments, arrange an income to be paid to your account and/or move funds from one investment to another as desired.
- Select is primarily designed for lump-sum investments with the aim of growing your capital or generating income.
- You can also accumulate funds by making regular contributions.
- If you want an income, you can set up regular withdrawals directly to your bank account.
- It’s easy to move your money from one investment to another, or to withdraw some or all of your money and have it paid directly to your bank account.
Thinking about your future
An easy-to-use calculator can help find a solution that's best for you. Click here to calculate your savings and retirement needs or create an investment profile.